Introduction to Ayurveda – The Science of Life. Learn the basic building blocks of Ayurveda with The Ayurveda Academy. This course starts on the 20th September 2021. Places are limited to 23.
This course has been designed to cover everything you need to know to start applying Ayurveda’s wisdom on diet and lifestyle to your daily life to improve your health and well-being. With a range of content (including webinars, PDFs, video, a community forum, health diary, quizzes and case studies) the course offers both theoretical and practical learning to bring the concept of the doshas (mind-body types) to life. All content is direct from the classical Ayurvedic texts combined with modern interpretation, supported by research.
Ayurveda Course 1 is the first of 4 stand-alone online immersion courses which can be completed individually (40 hours), or combined to create the Ayurveda Foundation Year (160 hours). Each consists of 3 modules and takes place online over 3 months and focuses on understanding yourself and your close community.
All of The Ayurveda Academy courses include:
- A comprehensive syllabus covering everything you need to know to start applying Ayurveda’s wisdom to your daily life
- Engaging monthly written and video content with quizzes and case studies
- Knowledge direct from the classical Ayurvedic texts combined with modern interpretation, supported by research where possible
- Interactive monthly webinars with plenty of time for breakout discussions and Q&A on the month’s content
- Access to a collaborative learning community to share ideas, practical tips and learning
- A health diary to enable you to record your experiences – not all advice will work for everyone so what is really best for you?
- Downloadable course materials and webinar recordings
- A certificate of completion once you have finished the course, equivalent to 40 hours of CPD
Ayurveda Course 1 will encourage you to:
- Better connect with yourself – Ayurveda is focussed on accepting ourselves as we are, playing to our strengths and nurturing our weaknesses (BTW, lovely Oscar Wilde quote on ‘Be yourself, as everyone else is already taken…)
- Look at your friends, family and work colleagues through the ‘dosha’ lens to enable better relationships
- Connect with nature on a regular basis, to help tune into your daily circadian rhythm as well as the season
- Prepare fresh, whole foods from organic, seasonal, local foods tailored for your dosha
- See ‘food as medicine’ and explore using some of the herbs in your kitchen spice rack to make simple home remedies for common ailments
- Tailor your lifestyle, exercise and yoga practice to your dosha
- Tread more lightly on this earth and live more sustainably by adopting Ayurvedic principles.
- Live the most fulfilled life you can! Ayurveda is not about living the perfect life, but living the best life for you.
Our courses are designed for:
- Individuals interested in improving their own health and well-being
- Yoga practitioners and teachers wanting to explore Yoga’s sister science and apply it to their practice/ teaching
- Chefs and foodies wanting to understand the energetics of food according to Ayurveda
- Parents and carers wanting to support their family
- Individuals looking to become an Ayurvedic health practitioners
- Existing health practitioners, including herbalist and nutritional therapists, wanting to include Ayurveda in their existing practice
Dates for Course 1 are as follows:
- Monday 20th September 2021: Start of Module 1
- Tuesday 12th October: Zoom seminar for Module 1
- Monday 18th October: Start of Module 2
- Tuesday 9th November: Zoom seminar for Module 2
- Monday 18th November: Start of Module 3.
- Tuesday 7th December: Zoom seminar for Module 3