Simple Buckwheat Pancakes
These are simple to make, gluten free and delicious – a favourite in our house with dal.
- 330 g buckwheat flour (2 cups)
- 2 tsp ground rock salt
- 750 ml water (3 1/3 cups)
- 1 egg
- ghee / coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour and the salt.
- Gradually mix in the water. I use an electric hand mixer to make this really quick but it works very well with just an old-fashioned wooden spoon.
- Beat in the egg.
- Leave to stand for a little while if you can (~ 1/2 hour) or just go straight to the next step if you don't have time.
- Grease your frying pan with a little ghee or coconut oil.
- Add some batter, swirl around to make your pancake. Cook until lightly browned and firm before flipping and repeating on the other side.