This simple homemade curry powder requires only about 2 minutes of your time. It means you can have a curry powder at hand when you need it, which doesn’t contain chilli (which aggravates the digestive tract and upsets digestion). It is preferable to use whole spices and freshly grind to make this – you have much more potent spices with more flavour.
Simple homemade curry powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds / ground cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds / ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Grind up any whole spices in a spice or coffee grinder.
- Mix together all the powdered spices.
- Store in a glass jar away from heat and light.