These yummy wheat and dairy free pesto pancakes originated as pesto pancakes but then I decided to reduce the cheese content and make them more digestible. The recipe is now for wheat and dairy free ‘pesto’ pancakes. They remained just as delicious and the whole family love them. They are simple to make as you can see from the recipe.
Yummy 'pesto' pancakes
- 75 g finely chopped fresh spinach
- 10 g ground almonds
- ½ tsp rock salt
- 1 large egg
- 75 grams white spelt flour
- 150 ml rice milk
- coconut oil or ghee (not dairy free) for frying
- Blend or whisk together all ingredients to make batter.
- Use coconut or ghee to oil a frying pan.
- With the frying pan on a medium heat, ladle in approximately 100ml / ½ cup of batter, swirling instantly to make a crepe.
- Once the top becomes dry and the edges lift away, flick it over with a thin rubber or wooden spatula to cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Serve with steamed vegetables for a rounded healthy meal.