These contain no refined sugar and just a tiny amount of maple/agave syrup, which can be omitted altogether if you’re being ultra sugar free! They are tasty and moreish though, not nearly as worthy as they sound.
Sugar free fruit flapjacks
- 50 g butter (or coconut oil) plus a little extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter seed butter if it needs to be nut-free
- 3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 2 bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 250 g rolled oats
- 85 g dried apricots chopped
- 100 g raisins
- 85 g mixed seeds (e.g. pumpkin and sunflower)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan.
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Heat the butter/coconut oil, almond butter and maple/agave syrup in a small pan until melted.
- Add the mashed banana, apple and 100ml hot water, and mix to combine.
- Tip the oats, the dried fruit and the seeds into a large bowl.
- Pour in the combined banana and apple and stir until everything is coated by the wet mixture.
- Tip into the cake tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 55 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- Cut into 12 pieces to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for up to 3 days.